[one-users] OpenNebula SSH Problem ?

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at suse.com
Wed Oct 19 05:09:14 PDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 05:53 PM, Clément Berthelot wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm working on my master thesis which has for subject the evaluation of virtual firewall in cloud environment. In this optic, I'm trying to create my own cloud with Xen and OpenNebula. Both the machines I use (Frontend and Node) runs OpenSUSE 11.4. I followed very closely the documentation on how to install OpenNebula(2.2), but after an entire afternoon and no success, I'm turning to you guys.
>
> Almost everything is working: I can access sunstone from any host, the oneadmin account and home directory is successfully on both machines (my frontend is a NFS server) with the same UID/GID. However, when I link the node to the frontend with the onehost command, the node appears but with an 'ERROR' status. I did edit the oned.conf file with the Xen-related options and everything. So when I tried to figure why it was not working, I realized I couldn't connect from the frontend to the node with SSH (connection closed immediately by the node). This is really weird because it works perfectly the other way around (from the node to the frontend) not asking for any password or anything, which means that the problem does not come from the SSH Key/permissions.

It probably does. If the connection works in the direction host B to
host A that does not mean the connection will work in the other
direction. For a connection from B to A the sshd process on A determines
whether you are able to connect or not and if you connect from A to B
the sshd process on B determines whether you are allowed to connect or
not. It sound like you do not have the authorized_key file set up
properly on one of the hosts.

You can also take a look at this:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Cloud_OpenNebula

HTH,