[one-users] Configurable location for $ONE_LOCATION/var/one.db ?

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Wed Oct 26 07:01:24 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have to move one.db (which is currently living on an NFS volume,
which is dangerous according to the docs[1]) to a local filesystem
on the head node.

Where do I specify the path to one.db ? The documentation [2]
does not mention further arguments in oned.conf DB section
DB = [ backend = "sqlite" ].

The only reference to a variable DB location I found was
DB: sqlite:///var/one/oneacct.db in $ONE_LOCATION/etc/acctd.conf
but nothing for one.db.

Do I need to hack the source or switch to MySQL ?

Serving $ONE_LOCATION from a central storage/NAS might be a common
scenario, so this could be a fairly important issue.

Yours,
Steffen

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:sfs
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel2.2:oned_conf

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE