[one-users] Little help with first building cloud

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Sun Nov 27 11:56:44 PST 2011

Hello Matheus

On 27.11.2011 17:49, matheus tor4 wrote:
> At the time I'm using the second strategy: Using a Core2Duo as a Front-End
> and release all
> resources of the server to be use by cloud.
> I choose this option because it is more close to the proposal of official
> OpenNebula Documentation.
> I hope it works now!
>
> So I use one of my servers (With VT) as a Image Repository too.

This is up to you, but I would keep the image repository on the
front end or eventually on the second system without VT. So you
could use the two systems with VT as two identical cluster nodes.

> And now I have a little more question:
>
> With a NFS server configured. I have the Image Repository sharing its
> directory /var/lib/one. My doubt is:
> - Have I to insert the shared directory in the file /etc/fstab on all my
> nodes? So the node already have this directory avaiable when the machine
> starts.

Yes, and also on the front end.

> - Or Haven't I to do this? Does the directory only be mount when it is
> necessary? (sudo mount ...)

It needs to be already mounted when OpenNebula will deploy a VM.

> And, if I edit the /etc/fstab, Do I have to do this in the node
> ImageRepository+Cluster at the same time? I hope not, because the directory
> is on the machine

I am not sure about OpenNebula 3.0, but with 2.2 the image
repository and also the VM_DIR folder need to be mounted in the
same path as they are on the front end.

bye
Fabian