[one-users] Problem with DataBlock iamges

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Sun Nov 27 05:27:28 PST 2011

Hello Salma

On 24.11.2011 15:13, salma rebai wrote:
> Now, when I added " DISK = [ IMAGE_ID = 72, TARGET=hdb ]" to my VM
> template. I succeed to create the VM. Its state is « runn ».
>
> But when i have access to the VM and i check partition disk , I don't find
> any mounting to the DATABLOCK Disk....
>
> -------
>
> ubuntu at ubuntu-KVM:~$ df -h
>

> Sys. de fichiers            Taille  Uti. Disp. Uti% Monté sur
> /dev/sda1             8,7G  2,7G  5,6G  32% /
> none                  492M  584K  491M   1% /dev
> none                  499M  164K  499M   1% /dev/shm
> none                  499M   96K  499M   1% /var/run
> none                  499M     0  499M   0% /var/lock

OpenNebula and the hypervisor just gives the VM the hardware you
have configured. The usage depends on the OS configuration in the
VM. So you need to mount this second disk in the OS inside the
VM, as you would do it on a physical system when you have added a
second hard disk for the first time. Eventually you also need to
create the file system on this second disk (also from within the VM).

bye
Fabian