[one-users] problem in configuring vmware hyper visor

Siva Prasad newror.user at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 01:07:35 PST 2011

Hi Guys,

I am setting up openNebula on ubuntu11.04. and I am trying to configure
the VMwaresServer  hypervisor but no luck.The below are the steps i have
done.

1) Installed ubuntu and openbnebula 2.0.1
2) installed the libvirt.
3) installed vmwareaddon 2.2
4) configured password and esx to gsx in the  /etc/one/vmwarerc
file.(the same password is there on my vmware server hypervisor which I
installed on windows XP).
5) changed the datastore  in /etc/one/vmm_sh/vmm_sh_vmware.conf

I could not connect to the hypervisor using hte virsh command line. I
get the following error.

*virsh #* connect  10.3.3.48
error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: no connection driver available for No connection for URI 10.3.3.48

*virsh #*

I could ping 10.3.3.48

NOTE:Should I install certificate in the keystore. This is ubuntu 2.0.1
does it need  key in the keystore?  I thought theres no need to do this.
Can anybody help me.

--Suser