[one-users] Little help with first building cloud

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Sun Nov 27 05:18:14 PST 2011

Hello Matheus

On 23.11.2011 12:39, matheus tor4 wrote:
> I have only two servers (With VT) and two Core2Duo (Without VT). I want to
> build a little private cloud.

I have a system with Core2Duo CPU which does support VT, so I am
not sure if this is not available for all Core2Duo CPUs or not,
but check out [1], this could probably help you to enable VT on
this systems (if available) too.

   [1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_virtualization#Intel_virtualization_.28VT-x.29

Else as pointed out in a other recent post to this mailing list,
you could use XEN on this two systems without VT, but then you
are limited to paravirtualization. As far as I know, the guest OS
in the VM needs to support this.

> My doubt is the following:
> - Can I use a server as Front-End +  Image Repository + Cluster at the same
> time?

You can, I have running the front end and the cluster node on a
single system. When adding the "local" cluster node, I used
'onehost create localhost im_kvm vmm_kvm tm_nfs'. Also adding the
other systems as cluster nodes will be possible.

> - Or, It's more advantageous use a Core2Duo as a Front-End and release all
> resources of the server to be use by cloud?

This depends on the usage of the OpenNebula cloud as a whole. On
a rather small installation, it is probably not a problem to use
the front end also as a cluster node.

bye
Fabian