[one-users] SunStone for Amazon EC2

Zeeshan Ali Shah zashah at pdc.kth.se
Wed Nov 23 02:28:32 PST 2011

Hi , we have a use case for amazon EC2 where group of users use EC2 under
same billing account. Using Amazon AIM it is possible to create multiple
groups and users but the limitations are  to not have granual access of EC2
panel .
for e.g a User can see and manage all of the instances under his parent
account.  Furthermore , Quota management is not exist in Amazon console.

So basically we plan to role our own Cloud management console  which can
interface with EC2 and ONE with OCCI. in first phase we are focusing on EC2
and needs the functionality of Group based ACL , Quota management atleast.
(like RightScale has) .

Does the SunStone is good match for it ?  and in what ways we can extend
Sunstone for Ec2 ?

BR

Zeeshan