[one-users] Hybrid Cloud

Fatma Ghachem fatma.ghacham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:53:59 PST 2011

Hi,

I made a study about the different infrastructure(IaaS) that would enable
me to build hybrid cloud.I ended up  with OpenNebula.However I'm having
couple of questions :

Q1) Could I find any tutorial that explain the steps to begin build an
hybrid cloud knowing that I didn't build any private cloud yet?

Q2) I read in this tutorial
http://opennebula.org/_media/software:ecosystem:hybrid_cloud_computing_with_opennebula_1.4.pdfthat
OpenNebula 1.4 enables the configuration of multiple EC2 site  is that
information taken for granted with the lastest stable version of OpenNebula
too?

Q3)I would like to know what is the technical requirements or at least the
minimal requirements to install an Hybrid  cloud with OpenNebula ? Will I
need a VMWare virtual machine running Ubuntu 9.10  all runing on windows 7
laptop   and that is it or it will need more than that please be specific?

Q4)My final goal , in my research internship is to conceive a middleware
that would verify fiability and provenance of data requested from public
cloud back to the private cloud by using some function you defined to get
information about or by impleminting tese function.I wonder if you have any
ready made infrastructure or virtual machine that already built an hybrid
cloud so that I can emulate it?

Q5)In case I wanted to integrate my middleware how could this be possible?
Since the middleware will have to  verify fiability and provenance of data
requested from public cloud back to the private cloud it will need to get
some ifnormation about the source that generated this data if possible  by
using some function OpenNebula defined to get information about or by the
possibility impleminting these function .For the case of EC2 for example ,
I would need  some kind of these functions :

   - get_ec2_cert(): Retrieve the location on the filesystem where the
   user's EC2 certificate is stored.
   - get_ec2_pk(): Retrieve the location on the filesystem where the user's
   EC2 private key is stored.
   - get_ec2_url(): Retrieve the URL that should be used for sending EC2
   API requests to.  but would appreciate to know more in depth on how to be
   able to "interface" data provenance middleware

In case these is no such functions do I have the possibility to implement
them? if yes how this could be possible?

Q6) Is there any management GUI or interface that can manage the IaaS?

I hope I made my self the clearest possible with the least knowledge I have
so far .I would really appreciate if you could answer my questions.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Fatma