[one-users] Problem creating/adding host. Bug?

Humberto N. Castejon Martinez humcasma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:26:43 PST 2011

Hi,

I just tried adding a new worker to my cloud and found what it could be a
bug. I had forgotten setting /var/lib/one as home directory for oneadmin in
the worker I wanted to add, so when I added it using Sunstone, the process
failed. In the log I can read:

 Command execution fail: scp -r /var/lib/one/remotes/. lex.no:/var/tmp/one

I fixed the problem with the home directory and checked that SSH was
working as expected. After that, i waited for Opennebula to change the host
state from Error to On, but it did not happen. In the log I can read:

Command execution fail: 'if [ -x "/var/tmp/one/im/run_probes" ]; then
/var/tmp/one/im/run_probes kvm 3 lex.no; else exit 42; fi'

It seems to me that Opennebula does not try to create copy again the probes
to /var/tmp/one if it failed the first time, so the only solution is to
delete and add the host again.

I have also found a what I think it is a small problem with the "Update
template" option for Hosts. Error messages are shown under the Host
template tab, and they also appear in the template info when trying to
update. For example, this is what I get when I click "Update template" and
select one of my hosts:

ARCH=x86_64
CPUSPEED=2532
ERROR=[
MESSAGE="Error monitoring host 1 : MONITOR FAILURE 1 -
",
TIMESTAMP="Fri Nov 4 10:48:28 2011" ]
FREECPU=800.0
FREEMEMORY=7914184
HOSTNAME=skeletor
HYPERVISOR=kvm
MODELNAME="Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5540 @ 2.53GHz"
NETRX=0
NETTX=0
TOTALCPU=800
TOTALMEMORY=8181208
USEDCPU=0.0
USEDMEMORY=267024

I would say the error message should not appear there. Or there is any
reason for that behavior?

Cheers,
Humberto