[one-users] Widening list command output?

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 4 02:45:06 PDT 2011

Hi Karl,

You were right the documentation for this feature was missing. But the
functionality is exactly as you explained;

"The output of these commands can be customized by modifying the
configuration files that can be found in /etc/one/cli/. They also can
be customized on a per-user basis, in this case the configuration
files should be placed in $HOME/.one/cli. "

I have updated the documentation with this information:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:cli

Thanks for your feedback.

On 1 November 2011 02:23, Karl Katzke <kkatzke at sentryds.com> wrote:
> Héctor -
>
> Making a change there didn’t seem to produce any changes. You’re right that
> I’d expect it to. Also, the XML output does produce the correct output —
> it’s in the database, it’s just truncated somewhere between the database
>  and the code. It looks like |d| is an instance of self.table_conf, which
> should allow me to use a file in .one/cli/ to set table parameters? I’m not
> very familiar with Ruby’s conventions, but that’s what I’d expect after
> reading the code. This does not seem to be documented anywhere.
>
> ... AHA! I figured it out.
>
> In /etc/one/cli/image/oneimage.yaml will let you customize the CLI output.
>
> This can be customized on a per user basis in $HOME/.one/cli/(name of CLI
> program).yaml ... And this CLI customization, which is actually pretty nice
> and neat, isn’t documented anywhere that I can find.
>
> It looks like that is true for all of the CLI programs. Now if I could just
> get it to stop putting four to six extra spaces after the name...
>
> -K
>

> On 10/31/11 6:31 PM, "Héctor Sanjuán" <hsanjuan at opennebula.org> wrote:
>
>> I think you can do a small change in
>> /usr/lib/one/ruby/cli/one_helper/oneimage_helper.rb: format_pool():
>>
>>             column :NAME, "Name of the Image", :left, :size=>12 do |d|
>>                 d["NAME"]
>>             end
>>
>> I haven't tried, but if you change :size i'd expect it to print larger
>> names.
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Héctor Sanjuán
>> OpenNebula Developer
>>
>> El 31/10/11 21:58, Karl Katzke escribió:
>>> Is there a quick/easy way to widen the output of the OpenNebula commands
>>> beyond the basic 80 characters wide?
>>>
>>> For instance, `oneimage list` crowds things such that the image name can
>>> be only 12 chars wide. “OpenSuSE 11.” is 12 chars wide and there isn’t
>>> an easy way to abbreviate it to be less than that.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl Katzke

Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula