[one-users] OpenNebula Hybrid mode VM's getting deployed in EC2 by default (Not deployed in local nodes)

Tuomo Juhani Varis tuomo.j.varis at jyu.fi
Wed May 25 06:15:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

> Can you suggest me solution for the hybrid set up where I can deploy AMI
> templates in EC2 node and other templates in my local cluster.

Easiest way to do this would be to add a Placement Section [1] in the
templates, requiring placement in either the default cluster or the EC2
node respectively.

If you are running similar images in both environments, you can also add
an EC2 section on your regular template so that when the placement is done
to EC2, the corresponding AMI will be used.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to add a global default to
the VM placement requirements? This would be very useful in a hybrid
set-up.

Regards,

Tuomo Varis
Research Assistant
Department of Mathematical Information Technology
University of Jyväskylä

[1] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.2:template