[one-users] Open Nebula, NFS and requirements of disk space?

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Mon May 16 07:58:13 PDT 2011

Ah,

now I get the idea: the golden images are on the headnode,
exported to the worker nodes via NFS, and then they're
cloned onto the local worker disk drives with 36GB.
Did I get that right ?

Now, speed-wise the only benefit would be if NFS
gets the image to the worker nodes faster over the network than
copying via ssh / scp. Which, I think, is only
a few percent, if at all. The images definitely
need to be copied fully, because each node needs
its own copy. If all used the same image, the filesystem
would go up in smoke if two nodes write to it
without knowing about each other...

So yes, it might be possible, but IMHO does not make
a lot of sense.

Or did I misunderstand anything ?

Yours,
Steffen