[one-users] Open Nebula, NFS and requirements of disk space?

Anders Branderud anders.branderud at gmail.com
Mon May 16 01:01:00 PDT 2011

Hello to you all,
This is another question about requirements of disk space for a Open Nebula
installation using NFS.

Steffen, Thanks for your reply!

What you wrote is what I could derive from the text.

However, I would like to know of why 15*10GB=150GB on the frontend is
required for running 15 virtual machines with NFS.
The VM's will run on the worker nodes.

I don't understand the technical reasons behind that there, according to
this quote, needs to be one clone per running VM?:
"A 64 core cluster will typically run around 80VMs, each VM will require an
average of 10GB of disk space. So you will need ~800GB for /srv/cloud/one
(..) /srv/cloud/one, will hold the OpenNebula installation and the clones
for the running VMs"" Can anyone explain?

Is there any way to configure so that the VM's doesn't require any clone in
srv/cloud/one, but only runs on the worker nodes?

If that was possible then the below computer specifications (that I
specified in my last e-mail) would be enough!
I hope to be able to run a system with up to 15 VM's and 2 Master images (in
total) using NFS with 16 computers with 36 GB each.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards, Anders Branderud

[Personal blog] bloganders.blogspot.com  : Logical reasons - based on
scientific premises - for the existence of a Creator and that He hasn't left
His sapient creatures without an Instruction Manual - Torah ['books of
Moses'] - to ascertain, and aspire to, His purpose.

[Company] Anders Branderud IT Solutions - www.abitsolutions.org