[one-users] cpu overcommit with kvm

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Sun May 8 15:36:34 PDT 2011

Hi

> I already tried CPU setting, but the guest will see half of the real
> frequency of my host CPU: this isn't cpu overcommit, I am just saying to
> allocate half of my 8 cpu to that VM (or not?).

No, the host will see the same CPU speed. The CPU attribute in the template
is only for OpenNebula and the scheduler.

What I am trying to achieve is what I already do with other KVM-based
> virtualization platforms:

Using CPU and VCPU you can achieve this, the goal of CPU is to guide the
host overcommitment.

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid