[one-users] vmware deploy error: raw driver

antoni artigues tartigues at iac3.eu
Tue May 3 01:36:22 PDT 2011

Hello

I'm using the last version of opennebula and vmware drivers addon.

My image description is:

ME="vmUbuntu"
VCPU = 1
MEMORY = 1024
OS = [ ARCH = "x86_64" ]
DISK=[IMAGE="vmUbuntu",
      TARGET="sda",
      BUS="scsi"]
NIC=[NETWORK="vmware LAN bridged"]

When we try to create the image we obtain this error:

----------------------------
/srv/cloud/one/bin/tty_expect -u oneadmin -p xxxxxxxxx virsh -c
gsx://oscarnode9/?no_verify=1 define /srv/cloud/one/var/73/deployment.0

error: Failed to define domain from /srv/cloud/one/var/73/deployment.0
error: internal error Unknown driver name 'raw'
----------------------------

We see that in the deployment.0 file there is a driver called "raw", but
we haven't defined this driver in the image description. Is it a bug
from openNebula?

Here is the deployment.o:

-------------------------------
<domain type='vmware'>
	<name>one-73</name>
	<vcpu>1</vcpu>
	<memory>1048576</memory>
	<os>
		<type arch='x86_64'>hvm</type>
	</os>
	<devices>
		<disk type='file' device='disk'>
			<source file='[vmdatastore] 73/images/disk.0/disk.vmdk'/>
			<target dev='sda' bus='scsi'/>
			<driver name='raw'/>
		</disk>
		<interface type='bridge'>