[one-users] access just created vm

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 09:37:04 PDT 2011

Dear all,

First of all congratulations for this projects, I've just started using it
and looks really promising.

I've created the simple controller+2nodes following the website
documentation (opennebula version 2.2) and the basics seems to work (at
cluster level): that is I can create hosts and nets. I'm also using the web
front-end sunstone and really simplifies the managing of the underlying
structure.

The problem I'm facing is accessing the just created virtual machines.
I've downloaded  a qcow2 debian instance from
http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/amd64/ and used the next template to
create a virtual machine:

NAME=debian.squeeze.qcow2
MEMORY=1025
CPU=0.5

OS = [
     BOOT    ="hd",
     ROOT    ="hda"
 ]

DISK = [
     TYPE= "disk",
     DRIVER="qcow2",
     SOURCE     =
"/srv/cloud/images/qcow/debian_squeeze_amd64_standard.qcow2",
     TARGET     = "hda",
     CLONE     = "no",
     SAVE = "no"
 ]

 GRAPHICS = [TYPE = "vnc", LISTEN = "0.0.0.0", port="5901"]
 NIC    = [ NETWORK = "control" ]

 FEATURES=[ acpi="no" ]

The virtual machine is created (appears as running in the web interface) and
from the command line I can see the vm running:
onevm show 26
VIRTUAL MACHINE 26
INFORMATION
ID             : 26
NAME           : debian.squeeze.qcow2
STATE          : ACTIVE
LCM_STATE      : RUNNING
START TIME     : 05/24 18:20:18
END TIME       : -
DEPLOY ID:     : one-26

VIRTUAL MACHINE
MONITORING
NET_TX         : 0
NET_RX         : 0
USED MEMORY    : 0
USED CPU       : 0

VIRTUAL MACHINE
TEMPLATE
CPU=0.5
DISK=[
  CLONE=no,
  DISK_ID=0,
  DRIVER=qcow2,
  SAVE=no,
  SOURCE=/srv/cloud/images/qcow/debian_squeeze_amd64_standard.qcow2,
  TARGET=hda,
  TYPE=disk ]
FEATURES=[
  ACPI=no ]
GRAPHICS=[
  LISTEN=0.0.0.0,
  PORT=5901,
  TYPE=vnc ]
MEMORY=1025
NAME=debian.squeeze.qcow2
NIC=[
  BRIDGE=vbr0,
  IP=192.168.50.5,
  MAC=02:00:c0:a8:32:05,
  NETWORK=control,
  NETWORK_ID=2 ]
OS=[
  BOOT=hd,
  ROOT=hda ]
VMID=26

The problems is that  I can not acces the console via virsh:
virsh # list
 Id Nombre               Estado
----------------------------------
 16 one-17               en pausa
 21 one-22               en pausa
 23 one-26               ejecutando

virsh # console 23
No existe una terminal disponible para el dominio

neither to the VNC access:

$vncviewer 192.168.50.5

Tue May 24 18:21:02 2011
 main:        unable to connect to host: No route to host (113)

>From the nodes or the controller doing a mtr,ping, nmap it appears as if
there is no route to the new IP 192.168.50.5 but the problem is that I don't
know what can be wrong. Anyone can point to any documentation or how to
debug the connection?

I've also tried to create images from iso files but I'm not 100% sure I've
done it right. Is there any documentation about how to create virtual
machine from a .iso linux or windows burned CD?

Thanks a lot in advance and apologies for the size of this email.

Samuel.