[one-users] second argument for restore script

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:48:56 PDT 2011

Dear ONE developers,

To perform restore action OpenVZ hypervisor apart from dump file
requires VM ID as well, i.e. the command looks like below:
$ vzctl restore VM_ID --dumpfile <path>

For more details please see [1].
As far as I understand from
$ONE_LOCATION/var/remotes/vmm/<hypervisor>/restore files ONE invokes
restore script only with one argument which is the dump file.
I am using XML type of VM_MAD driver in oned.conf (as below) to perform
all actions on OpenVZ VMs:
--------->8-----------------
VM_MAD = [
     name       = "vmm_ovz",
     executable = "one_vmm_ssh",
     arguments  = "ovz",
     type       = "xml" ]

I wonder what file needs to be change to invoke restore script on remote
node with one more argument ($deploy_id) needed for OpenVZ hypervisor
(it looks for me that such approach should be safe for other hypervisors
since they takes into account only the first argument).

Thanks!
Nikolay.

[1] http://wiki.openvz.org/Checkpointing_and_live_migration