[one-users] virtualization require same architecture ?

Tino Vazquez tinova at opennebula.org
Mon Mar 7 05:32:42 PST 2011

Hi Vivek,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Vivek Shrivastava
<shrivastava.vivex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is it possible to make
>
> (1) x386- 32 bit architecture machine a front end and amd64 architecture
> machine a worker node?

Perfectly fine

> (2) front-node is having low configuration (in terms of mem, CPU etc.) &
> worker-node have a high configuration (I'm using it for learning purpose
> only) ?

That's ok, ONE doesn't have much requirements in terms of CPI and
MEMORY. For the worker node is fine having a powerful machine in case
you want big VMs.

> (3) I read (http://jpc.sourceforge.net/oldsite/Emulation.html) & I got
> confused that does virtualization require same architecture ?
>
> (4) I have installed opennebula using express installation but don't know
> how to use it? is there any link which can provide easy steps to use open
> nebula & a little exercise, so that I can do it on one front node & one
> worker node.

You can try and create a VM with the info state here :
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:vm_guide

Regards,

-Tino