[one-users] install opennebula-node on Debian Lenny or Squeeze

Damien Raude-Morvan drazzib at drazzib.com
Thu Mar 3 09:08:43 PST 2011

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:00:10 +0100, Pieter Simoens
<pieter.simoens at intec.ugent.be> wrote:
> Dear all,

Hi Pieter,

>  I have been trying to use a Debian Lenny or Squeeze machine as cluster
> node. According to the instructions, I need to install the
opennebula-node
> package. However, this seems unavailable.

opennebule-node package is only available on Debian unstable (aka sid) -
for now.

>  Can somebody help me?
>  - Do I need to update my sources.list of apt-get?

I plan to backport (on official backport.debian.org) all OpenNebula
packages
targeting Debian Squeeze 6.0.

>  - Can I find the source code of this package somewhere?

Like all debian packages, you can look at PTS :
http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/opennebula.html

There is a link to Debian Opennebula team VCS:
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-opennebula/opennebula.git

>  - I have read in the archive that the opennebula-node is rather
"empty",
> it would only create the oneadmin account and set "some" directories.
Maybe
> somebody can list the steps I have to do?

Yep, opennebula-node is just a dummy package which create oneadmin user
and directory
and add oneadmin as member of libvirt group.

Damien