[one-users] Running VMs = -1

Aleksandar Draganov s1058571 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 09:52:47 PDT 2011

Hi Steve, hi Carlos,

VMs stay in pending mode, so not allocation(this is propably another
problem) takes place:
-bash-4.1$ onevm list
    ID     USER     NAME STAT CPU     MEM        HOSTNAME        TIME
    25 oneadmin   one-25 pend   0      0K                 00 00:47:58
    26 oneadmin   one-26 pend   0      0K                 00 00:28:17
    27 oneadmin   one-27 pend   0      0K                 00 00:01:14

There's nothing interesting in oned.log - only several methods
invocations and successfull monitoring of the host1...

I should probably share that I have mounted /srv/cloud/images and
/srv/cloud0/one/var with folders on other drive(I needed more space)
which at least for the front-end(host1) worked yesterday.

The version of ONe I am using is 2.2. Unfortunately I can't reproduce
all the operations I have performed, but I only delete/restart/shutdown
VMs and enable/disable hosts with the sunstone GUI and I only submit VMs
through the command line if it makes any difference. If you need some
specific log file I can send it to you. I also reinstalled libvirt at
some point today.

Cheers,
Sasho

On 27/06/2011 17:04, Steven Timm wrote:
> What does oned.log say from the monitoring of host1?
> And what does onevm list say about which VM's it thinks are running
> where?
>
> Steve
>

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Aleksandar Draganov wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am running ONe on 2 hosts both with Scientific Linux 6. Host 1
>> holds the front-end, but I also want to run VMs on it.
>> I added, restarted, deleted some number of VMs while playing with ONe
>> and at some point I got this:
>>
>> -bash-4.1$ onehost list
>>  ID NAME              CLUSTER  RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM
>> FMEM STAT
>>   3 host1                  default   -1    400    392    500
>> 7.6G      7G on
>>   5 host2                  default    0    400    400    400
>> 7.6G    7.3G on
>>
>> As a result from this I can not delete host1. Is there some way to
>> force it?
>> I am using KVM. I was also playing a bit with virt-manager - could
>> the problem be from this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sasho

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.