[one-users] XML interface to open nebula

Héctor Sanjuán hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Mon Jun 27 09:28:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

I don't fully understand what you are trying to set up.

Shorty said, OpenNebula will help you to deploy an infrastructure of
physical nodes which are able to run Virtual Machines on demand, using
certain hypervisors (kvm, xen...).

Im not sure what you mean by "virtual sensor cloud" nor why you want to
pass XML sensor data to OpenNebula. It sounds like you are trying to
offer a cloud-based software service (SaaS, end-users collecting info
from a cloud). OpenNebula works at a lower layer helping you manage
physical hosts and virtual machines, not the specific way a service
communicates with its clients.

There is documentation about the ONE architecture here:

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.2:architecture

and a lot more about everything else on the website.

Perhaps I missed something and you can explain better,

Hector

El 27/06/11 12:17, bharath pb escribió:
> Hi,
> I’m new to the cloud computing softwares , I have selected Open Nebula
> for creation for virtual cloud for the sensor data .
>
> My work is to create a virtual sensor cloud, so that end users can
> access the sensor data etc .
>
> I have a sensor network which gives the real-time data to the PC, at PC
> I have a driver which I can receive the data and put in to XML format.
>
> Now I’m facing lots of problem at the interface of this in to the open
> nebula.
>
> How to interface this xml to the open nebula..?
>
> Do I really need to create a VMs because my cloud just has to provide
> (IaaS) service to the end user queries   , quires may be “ one time
> sensor value” , “history values, for the last one week” etc  ..?
> Can you provide a good doc to understand the opennebula Architecture ..?
> rgds
> Bharath

Héctor Sanjuán
OpenNebula Sunstone Developer