[one-users] Creating OpenNebula Image from Ubunut installed in VirtualBox

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon Jun 27 04:02:18 PDT 2011

Hi,

you can convert from VirtualBox format to RAW which is compatible with KVM
and Xen. That's actually a good technique to create VMs, to do it inside
VirtualBox and to convert the image later to RAW.

Check this document:
https://support.opennebula.pro/entries/455869-image-contextualization

Regards,
Jaime

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Sasa Vilic <sasavilic at gmail.com> wrote:

> **
> Hello,
>
> I have Ubuntu Server installed on my system (inside of VirtualBox).
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to use it by uploading this disk image to
> opennebula cloud and making opennebula image from it. I am not sure how to
> create a new image for OpenNebula and seems to me that this would be the
> easiest solution. And I would not have to install needed software once
> again, everything would be there.
>
> Any help is appreciated or documentation how to create OS image for
> OpenNebula
>
> *I know how to create a template, but not how to create OS Image.
> Can/should it be done with virt-install or ubuntu-vm-builder?*

Jaime Melis, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
Major Contributor
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org