[one-users] VM not pingable after Live migration

Adnan Pasic pqado at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 15 13:54:10 PDT 2011

Hello,

I need a little help in understanding something. As far as I know, a live
migration should migrate everything over to the other cluster, including the
IP address, right?

I have a front-end and two clusters, all three having an IP-address of this
form: 192.168.0.1-3

My virtual machines receive an IP-address from libvirt which looks like
this: 192.168.1.5-10

The thing is, after creating a VM I can ping it, but if I leave the ping
running and in the meantime start a live-migration to the other cluster, the
ping-messages stop as soon as the VM gets transferred.

Also, I found out that my VM's are only pingable on the host-cluster of the
virtual machine, but not for example from the other cluster or from the
front-end.

However, I need this functionality, I want the VM to be always pingable and
from every PC.

Any idea what could be wrong here???