[one-users] Strange IP assigning

Carlos A. caralla at upv.es
Sun Jun 19 09:29:18 PDT 2011

I think that I had that problem before: when the script is ran, the
interfaces are already up (because of the ubuntu quick-boot;
read-ahead?). The result is that you must stop and start again the
interfaces once the interfaces file has been created.

Try to put in the script a pair of lines such as (for each interface you
need; I do not know which context script are you using):

ifconfig eth0 down
ifup eth0

just after the interfaces script has been generated.

Moreover you should delete the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
file just before releasing the image i.e. the last line before stating a
poweroff in the image that you are going to use as ONE image should be

$ rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

I hope this helps you

Regards,
Carlos A.