[one-users] Strange IP assigning

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Sun Jun 19 08:47:06 PDT 2011

I've seen that happen when the virtual network is out of network
leases.. what does onevnet show tell you.  Also it can
happen if the template specifies some nonesense option for the network,
then ONE will just give you something really random.

Steve

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, fanttazio wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I have created a small cloud finally. front-end and hosts are all Ubuntu
> 10.04 (KVM virtualisation). I can run VM but when it boots, it assigns an
> strange IP despite the MAC address that ONE has given to VM but when I
> reboot VM it sets the correct IP. so for every VM I have to reboot it once
> to get the correct IP. I used the script that is provided on the site
> (net-context). Any Idea why it acts like that?
>
> Regards,
> Mehdi

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.