[one-users] Getting closer

Robert Schweikert rschweikert at novell.com
Mon Jun 13 11:58:54 PDT 2011

On 06/13/2011 02:46 PM, Héctor Sanjuán wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well it looks you're almost there :)
>
> I see that you declared a ROOT argument in the OS section in your VM
> template. However I think it is not necessary for KVM and unless you
> have specified a kernel [1]. Maybe the problem comes from there.

I stopped the running vm

-> onevm shutdown 1

Deleted the VM

-> onevm delete 0

and after removing the ROOT entry from my description I created a new VM

-> onevm create testVM.vmd

This did not help, I still get the same error as in the previous test

> If not, can you paste the output of "oneimage show 1"? Maybe there is
> something missing in the image template...

Here is the info:

IMAGE INFORMATION
ID             : 1
NAME           : openSUSE test image
TYPE           : OS
REGISTER TIME  : 06/13 13:28:58
PUBLIC         : Yes
PERSISTENT     : No
SOURCE         :
/var/lib/one//images/44833e18c42179d7012a9229ade7aad049399aef
STATE          : used
RUNNING_VMS    : 1

IMAGE TEMPLATE
DESCRIPTION=A test image to test the basic functionality of the openSUSE
based OpenNebula setup
DEV_PREFIX=hd
NAME=openSUSE test image
PATH=/home/ctester/suse-11.3-SUSENebula-guest.x86_64-1.0.0.qcow2

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead
rschweikert at novell.com