[one-users] recovery after power outage?

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Sat Jun 11 06:03:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

There are basically two options:

1.- Recover from outside: this means logging in the hosts and perform any
recovery actions needed to boot the VMs again

2.- Restart. When a VM is in unknown state and if the remote VM_DIR is in
place (i.e. disks files or devices are in the cluster node). The restart
action will  issue  a boot action.

So in your case I think it is worth trying onevm restart .

Cheers

Ruben

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Dan Yocum <yocum at fnal.gov> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A few days ago we experienced a major power outage taking out our entire
> opennebula cloud.  Nothing shut down cleanly and when the headnode came back
> online, it still thought the VMs were running albeit in an "unknown" state.
>  Of course, the images were still on the host nodes...
>
> Is there a way to recover *nicely* from such a situation without
> redeploying all the VMs and getting back most if not all of the data on the
> VMs?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan
>
> --
> Dan Yocum
> Fermilab  630.840.6509
> yocum at fnal.gov, http://fermigrid.fnal.gov
> "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things."

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid