[one-users] Does one support Windows guest on a DHCP network?

Ou, Yan Y.Ou at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jun 10 15:21:58 PDT 2011

Hi Carlos

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can you please help clear my confusion about one network settings:

 1.  If I defined a FIXED network, can I presume I created VLAN for a bunch of VMs, when a VM was deployed, I can see a vnet0 is created automatically (when I run ifconfig –a to check network interfaces). Is this vnet0 a virtual switch and bridged by br0?
 2.  I saw some posts talked about IP masquerading, should I enable IP masquerading on host machine for Vms?
 3.  Why would I need a an extra CDROM mounted and associate it with network contextualization?
 4.  Is is possible that one can untilze VDE (virtual distributed ethernet) as the VM interface?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards
Yan