[one-users] Need some How To's

Alok Shrivastwa alokshrivastwa at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:59:35 PDT 2011

Hi Team,

Sorry if I am being redundant here. I am a beginner and am just starting to learn to use the Cloud Nebula product and I want to use it with VMWare ESX/ESXi. Now, I was wondering as to what was needed. I will put in my understanding here (after going through the wiki) and please point me in the right direction if I am mistaken.

In order to do this

1. VM - Running Ubuntu 10 for the Front End
2. Bare Metal x64 Arch box - Running ESX/ESXi (For Node)

Now, here are a few questions

1. Do I need a SAN architecuture for this testing ?
2. I am kind of confused with the image and storage terminologies used in the wiki.

If I have an OVF template, that I want to deploy on the ESX server with help of the Open Nebula. How do I host the OVF (and the VMDK and other stuff), where will the virtual hard drive of the VM instance be stored in this case?

I was reading about the fact you had to export some volumes as NFS before and add them in datastore, all this confused me, so if anyone has implemented some thing like this, using Open nebula/SAN/ESX, some pointers will be great.

Sorry for such an open ended question and pardon my ignorance.

Thanks,

Alok