[one-users] Error in 'onehost delete'

Luis Rodero-Merino lrodero at fi.upm.es
Tue Jun 14 04:02:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

When trying to run 'onehost delete 0' (0 is the id of the host) we got
the following message error:
$ onehost delete 0
Host still has associated VMs, aborting delete.

Listing the hosts we see:
$ onehost list
  ID NAME              CLUSTER  RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM    FMEM STAT
   0 blade19           default   -1    200    200    300    7.8G    7.6G   on
   1 blade20           default    1    200    199    100    7.8G    7.4G   on

So the host seems to have '-1' virtual machines, which I guess is
causing the error. There is no vm running in that host (virsh list
returns an empty list when run in that host).

Is there any way I can restore the host state so I can safely remove
it from opennebula hosts list?

Thanks for your help,
Luis

Dr. Luis Rodero-Merino
Researcher @ Distributed Systems Laboratory (http://lsd.ls.fi.upm.es),
Computer Science School, Madrid Polytechnic University.
Phone: (34)913363681, Fax: (34)913363669
Address: Campus de Montegancedo, Bloque 2, L 3201
CP: 28660, Boadilla del Monte (Madrid), Spain