[one-users] Debian init.d script fails to start oned.

Vivien Bernet-Rollande vivien.bernet-rollande at nexen.alterway.fr
Fri Jun 10 06:47:31 PDT 2011

Hi list.

I had a problem lately. On boot, oned was not started. I had to log in
as oneadmin to start it. The reason was that the ONE_AUTH variable did
not exist.

My setup is as follow :
  - oneadmin has it's home in /var/lib/one
  - /var/lib/one/.profile exports ONE_AUTH to the right value

The startup script does a "su oneadmin -s /bin/sh -c 'one start'".

The problem is that this will not load the .profile, and oned fails to
start, complaining that :

 >You should have ONE_AUTH set the first time you start
 >OpenNebula as it is used to set the credentials for
 >the administrator user.

The small patch attached does a "su - oneadmin -s /bin/bash -c 'one start'"

This fixes the problem for me. However, I'm not sure it's the most
elegant way to fix the problem, so I'm open to suggestions.

I've created an issue here : http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/674

--
Vivien Bernet-Rollande
Systems&  Networking Engineer