[one-users] [Beta 3.0] Sunstone-Server error on starting

Christoph Raible c.raible at science-computing.de
Fri Jul 29 03:16:00 PDT 2011

I send the Email to fast... some more information...

I run the novnc.sh skript an this also works fine!
I tested Firefox 5.0.1, 4.x.x, 3.6.18
And Chrome 12.xxx

noVNC directory is /srv/cloud/one/share/noVNC  and read / writeable from
all hosts.

VM is running no on Master... It's on another host and no SElinux oder
Firwall is between thos hosts.

Regards,

Christoph

Am 29.07.2011 12:03, schrieb Christoph Raible:
> So I have new Questions...
>
> After installing right gems and configuring, Sunstone works fine.. Login
> an creation of VM works fine.
>
> But now I can't connect to a VM per noVNC in Sunstone. There is always
> shown the following error on the top of the noVNC pop-up:
>
> "Failed to connect to server"
>
> Has someone an idea how to solve this problem?
>

> Regards
>
> Christoph
>

> Am 27.07.2011 11:14, schrieb Héctor Sanjuán:
>> Hi Christoph,
>>
>> it seems the ruby gem 'sequel' is not present in your system. This gem
>> is needed by the monitoring system (requirements in [1], also seems you
>> are missing sqlite3), which is used by Sunstone (requirements in [2]).
>>
>> You can install the missing dependencies manually issuing 'gem
>> install...'.
>>
>> Also, in order to assure that you have all the dependencies necessary
>> for OpenNebula in general, we recommend to use the 'install_gems' script
>> [3], which will try to install all the ruby gems for you in their
>> correct versions.
>>
>> For Scientific linux, this means however that you will need to install
>> the packages listed in the doc manually before the script can proceed to
>> install the gems.
>>
>> Don't hesitate to write back if you have more questions,
>>
>> Hector
>>
>> [1]
>> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:acctd_conf#requirements_installation
>>

>> [2]
>> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:sunstone#requirements_installation
>>

>> [3]
>> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:ignc#ruby_libraries_requirements_front-end
>>

>> El 27/07/11 10:21, Christoph Raible escribió:
>>> Hi @all,
>>>
>>> I got the following error on Starting sunstone-server with
>>> OpenNebula 3.0 Beta1.
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/SdBJZSc5
>>>

>>> My System is a 64-Bit Scientific Linux 6.0
>>> Selinux disabled
>>> iptables disabled
>>> One networkinterface as bridge
>>>

>>> Following Gems are installed:
>>> daemons (1.1.4)
>>> eventmachine (0.12.10)
>>> json (1.5.3)
>>> mkrf (0.2.3)
>>> nokogiri (1.5.0)
>>> rack (1.3.2)
>>> rake (0.9.2, 0.8.7)
>>> sinatra (1.2.6)
>>> thin (1.2.11)

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,