[one-users] OpenNebula 3.0 Beta 1 out for testing!

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Jul 22 09:35:19 PDT 2011

Hi Samuel,

Thanks, improved volume management is in our radar and one of our top
priorities for future releases. Some of the components needed to implement
this functionality have been put in place in this release.

Anyway, meanwhile make sure that your OS responds to ACPI events to cleanly
shutdown and make use of the save_as feature as available now.

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM, samuel <samu60 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First of all congratulations for such a piece of code and for releasing the
> beta the announced day without delay!!!!!
> I've had yet time to put my hands on the new version but, from what I could
> read, there's been no differences regarding taking backup/snapshot of
> running VMs. Is just my appreciation or there had been no time to work on
> this area?
>
> The "problem" with current version is that onevm saveas forces to shut down
> the VM and it does not work for all OS. Is there any other approach for this
> issue?
>
> Thank you very much!
> Samuel.
>
>  On 20 July 2011 13:06, Ruben S. Montero <rsmontero at opennebula.org> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>> The OpenNebula team is happy to announce the availability of the first
>> beta release for OpenNebula 3.0.  This new release includes exciting new
>> features in multiple areas like user & group management, networking,
>> multi-tier deployments or ACLs... just to mention a few.  You can find
>> further details official announcement [1] and release notes [2].
>>
>> [1] http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=1769
>> [2] http://www.opennebula.org/software:rnotes:rn-rel3.0b1
>>
>> Thank you for your continued support!
>>
>> OpenNebula Team
>>
>> --
>> Ruben S. Montero, PhD
>> Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
>> OpenNebula - The Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing
>> www.OpenNebula.org | rsmontero at opennebula.org <imllorente at opennebula.org>

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid