[one-users] Sunstone question/trouble

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at suse.com
Tue Jul 12 14:45:05 PDT 2011

Hi Hector,

On 07/12/2011 04:30 PM, Héctor Sanjuán wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Sunstone (actually the ruby oca) does look for the one_auth file in the
> user home folder. This is done here [1].

OK, now I see the problem. This depends on the sunstone-server running
as the oneadmin user with the HOME environment variable being set
properly by the shell.

I think this is not correct, The code should parse /etc/password for the
oneadmin account and then extract the home directory from there.
Concatenate the extracted home directory with .one/one_auth

At least this additional implementation should be an additional fall back.

> If the ONE_AUTH environmental
> variable is not defined, it will try to find the file in
>
>   ~/.one/one_auth
>
> Note that this one_auth file should contain the credentials of the
> 'oneadmin' opennebula user (or the user with UID=0) in the form of
> "user:password".
>
> I hope I clarified it :-)

Yes, definitely helped to understand why I was getting the error. It
might be useful to also document, and maybe it is and I missed it, that
sunstone-server needs to run as oneadmin user and not as root or other.

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei at suse.com