[one-users] Fwd: OpenVZ

First Last knawnd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:54:21 PST 2011

Töns, first of all thanks for reply! Please, see comments below.

Toens Bueker wrote on 23/01/11 08:39:
> Nikolay<knawnd at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Does somebody know if there is any progress in supporing OpenVZ by
>> OpenNebula? Or maybe someone has custom-made scripts for running OpenVZ
>> on OpenNebula and can share those scripts/one drivers with me.
>> I can't find more info on that topic apart from
>> http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2010-September/002908.html
> Actually I have done something, though :)
> I have installed a box with Proxmox
> (http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page). Proxmox is an interesting
> project in various respects. In my opinion it has a few advantages in
> terms of adapting OpenNebula for OpenVZ: It comes prepared with a
> quite recent kernel (2.6.32) which includes OpenVZ already.
> Furthermore the kernel supports kvm, too. Thus, if you don't want to
> deal with preparations but want to start with the adaption of
> OpenNebula right away, that would be the distribution for you. I would
> have to find out more about the various components of OpenVZ first,
> though.
I am aware of Proxmox but it requires 64-bit machines only whereas I
have a bunch of still powerful 32-bit machines which I would like to use.

> If you are considering starting to port the required scripts, I should
> be able to serve as a tester, anyway.
yes, we are thinking about to start integrating OpenVZ into ON. We will
take you into account as potential tester.

Thanks!
Nikolay.