[one-users] Interact with running VM

Filippo Dalla Gassa pippo.dallagassa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 02:35:47 PST 2011

Dear Tino,
thanks for your answer, but problems remain.

1) Network problem: I followed what
"http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:cong" says.

   1. copied the vmcontext.sh file in the /etc/init.d directory of the
      disk used by the VM
   2. created the link to vmcontext.sh in /etc/rc2.d

However, when I start vm with opennebula, it seems opennebula assigned
an IP from leases of the VN, but ping fails and if I enter the virtual
machine via VI Client I see that the real assigned IP is totally different.

2) Snapshot problem: I made some tests and found this: if I try to make
a snapshot directly with virsh snapshot-create it gives to me this error
"Domain snapshot not found: Could not find snapshot with name
'1294913536'" (I let him assign a name). The strange thing is that VI
Client gives me no error message, like all goes well.  Moreover if I go
into $ONE_LOCATION/var/<VMID>/images/disk.0/ directory I see two files,
one-<VMID>-Snapshot1.vmem and one-<VMID>-Snapshot1.vmsn, and if try to
revert to snapshot the VM through VI Client it detects correctly the
snapshot.

Regards,

Filippo Dalla Gassa