[one-users] users and vnets

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Jan 12 02:22:19 PST 2011

Hi Ruben,

Yes, you should start from scratch (please note that 1.9.80 was a beta version).

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco | dsa-research.org/tinova
Virtualization Technology Engineer / Researcher

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Ruben Diez <rdiez at cesga.es> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> We just have actualized to the latest version.....
>
> After the update, seems to be a problem with the database (mysql): only the
> command "oneuser list" seems to work fine.... all other "onexxx list"
> command make an blank list....
>
> When we inspects the database, the original data seems to be ok inside the
> db...
>
> The actualized one stuff was compiled with:
>
> scons sqlite=no mysql=yes
>
> Perhads any incompatibility between the mysql databases in the 1.9.80 and
> the 2.0.1 one???
>
> Regards.
>

> Javier Fontan escribió:
>>
>> Is it possible to actualize OpenNebula version? There were quite a bit
>> of changes and bug fixes since the version you have installed and that
>> could be the cause of the error.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Ruben Diez <rdiez at cesga.es> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, Javier.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the delay in the answer: I was in vacation....
>>>
>>> Yes, the user id of the render user is 3:
>>>
>>> mysql> select * from user_pool where user_name='render';
>>> +-----+-----------+------------------------------------------+---------+
>>> | oid | user_name | password                                 | enabled |
>>> +-----+-----------+------------------------------------------+---------+
>>> |   3 | render    | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |       1 |
>>> +-----+-----------+------------------------------------------+---------+
>>>
>>> And yes, the table "network_pool" assign the correct user (id=3) to the
>>> network created by this user:
>>>
>>> mysql> select * from network_pool where oid=223;
>>> +-----+------+--------------------+------+--------+--------+
>>> | oid | uid  | name               | type | bridge | public |
>>> +-----+------+--------------------+------+--------+--------+
>>> | 223 |    3 | render_01_localnet |    0 | br1    |      0 |
>>>
>>> Please note that in this actualized example, the net created by the user
>>> "render" has the id 223:
>>>
>>> [oneadmin at onesrv02 ]$ onevnet list
>>>  ID USER     NAME                   TYPE BRIDGE P #LEASES
>>> 142 oneadmin Public LAN xen       Ranged xenbr1 N       3
>>> 143 oneadmin Public LAN kvm       Ranged    br1 N       1
>>> 174 oneadmin genom_localnet       Ranged xenbr1 N       4
>>> 176 oneadmin araceli_localnet     Ranged xenbr1 N      29
>>> 203 oneadmin zahara1_localnet     Ranged xenbr1 N      74