[one-users] How to associate services to VMs

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 02:40:01 PST 2011

OpenNebula is not service aware. VMs are black boxes and has no way to
communicate with them or get information about internal metrics aside
from contextualization or external monitoring data (memory, cpu or
network consumption). Service management can be done with external
tools like Claudia [1] or OpenNebula Service Management [2].

[1] http://claudia.morfeo-project.org/
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/oneservice

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 5:12 AM, Erico Augusto Cavalcanti Guedes
<eacg at cin.ufpe.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Building a Private Cloud" Documentation Page
> (http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:intro) shows:
> An OpenNebula Private Cloud provides infrastructure users with an elastic
> platform for fast delivery and scalability of services to meet dynamic
> demands of service end-users.
>
> How can I associate a service to a VM?
>
> How can I inform a new VM that is must run a previous specified daemon?
>
> For example: I'd like to start an additional VM when an squid cache web
> proxy exhausts RAM destined to its corresponding VM.
>
> Some references?
>
> Thanks A LOT!
>
> Erico.

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher