[one-users] Failure to launch Xen VM

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Tue Jan 18 11:22:48 PST 2011

Is there a worked example somewhere of how to successfully launch
a Xen VM in opennebula?

Right now ONE copies the OS image and the other disks to
my Xen host, tries to launch, but fails with the error

Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [VMM][I]: Generating deployment file:
/var/lib/one/249/deployment.0
Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [VMM][E]: No kernel or bootloader defined and no
default provided.
Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [VMM][E]: deploy_action, error generating
deployment file: /var/lib/one/249/deployment.0
Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [DiM][I]: New VM state is FAILED

------------

My OS image has a kernel-xen loaded in it but is otherwise
the same format as the KVM images I have been using,
i.e. it has a boot sector and one partition which is supposed to mount
as /dev/sda1.

As far as I can tell, I never got as far as trying to launch the
Xen VM.

Steve

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.