[one-users] retrieve info from OpenVZ host running libvirtd

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 05:50:22 PST 2011

Héctor Sanjuán wrote on 21/02/11 16:29:
> Im seeing different paths here:
>
>> FN$ ll /usr/lib/one/remotes/im/ovz.d/ovz.rb
>>
>> CN$ ll /tmp/one/im/run_probes
>
> The "/tmp/one/im/run_probes" script on the remote host would execute the
> contents of the /tmp/one/im/ovz folder.
>
> So you have to check that the right files are there on the remote host
> and that they have the right permissions.
>
> The im files are copied to the im folder ("/tmp/one/im" in your case it
> seems) in the remote host when adding a new host to OpenNebula. They are
> copied from the $ONE_LOCATION/var/remotes/im on the frontend host, even
> though there is a copy of them in the $ONE_LOCATION/lib/remotes/im as
> well, as backup.
now it's clear! I put ovz-related files only into /usr/lib/one (ONE is
installed in a system wide mode) and they are missing in
/var/lib/one/remotes/im/. That's why they weren't copied on remote host
during its addition.

I've just copied ovz.d into /var/lib/one/remotes/im/. Delete remote host
from the pool. Add it again and now ONE gets the proper info about
remote host running OpenVZ.

Thanks a lot, Hector!

Best regards,
Nikolay.