[one-users] User couldn't be authenticated, aborting call.

christophe bonnaud takyon77 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:52:24 PST 2011

Hi Richard,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I checked but on my system all process for opennebula are owned by the
oneadmin user.
I did a reinstallation of the server to have a self-contained installation
so now all opennebula's files are owned by oneadmin user.
Unfortunately the problem reappeared...

I don't really know how to solve this problem. I did some research but it
seems that this problem is not really common and I couldn't find any usefull
informations.

Can I ask you which ruby/opennebula version you are using? I am not sure
it's rely to the problem but I have to consider all possibilities.

Cheers,

Chris.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Whiffen, Richard <
Richard_Whiffen at cable.comcast.com> wrote:

> Christophe,
>
> I'm new to OpenNebula, so I'm not sure if this will help or not.  When I
> was getting started I had the same problems. For some reason when I would
> do a 'sudo su - oneadmin' it would still use my (root) .ssh settings and
> not the oneadmin user.  Worse, some processes would be started with UID
> root rather than oneadmin.  I had to kill the schedule process as root, it
> wouldn't quit on it's own, and chown the log files to oneadmin again.
> After that, the ssh authentication issues went away.
>
> Rich
>
> --
> Rich Whiffen
> richard_whiffen at cable.comcast.com
> AIM: richwhiffen
> Yahoo: richwhiffen
> Phone: 202-449-1312
>

> >Message: 4
> >Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:42:58 -0800
> >From: christophe bonnaud <takyon77 at gmail.com>
> >To: Users at lists.opennebula.org
> >Subject: [one-users] User couldn't be authenticated, aborting call.
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have just installed opennebula ver 2.0.1-1.
> >I have created a ssh key for oneadmin user, run the command:
> >
> >     oneauth login oneadmin
> >
> >and exported the variable:
> >
> >     export ONE_AUTH="/home/oneadmin/.one/one_ssh"
> >
> >I have correctly start oned using the command (as oneadmin user):
> >
> >     one start
> >
> >But now all commands I am trying fail with an error:
> >
> >     User couldn't be authenticated, aborting call.
> >
> >Did I miss something? is there an other step to do to allow oneadmin to
> >issue some commands?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Christophe bonnaud.

Bonnaud Christophe
GSDC
Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information
Fax. +82-42-869-0789
Tel. +82-42-869-0660
Mobile +82-10-4664-3193