[one-users] Error with TM_LVM

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 16 07:14:45 PST 2011

Hello Anoop,

Is the ID of the VM you're trying to deploy '0' ? When you deploy a new vm
the following LV volume will be created: lv-one-<ID>. If that LV already
exists then it fails. My guess is that it's failing because for some reason
OpenNebula didn't get the change to do a 'delete' removing the LV partition.

I suggest you remove manually all the LVM partitions. You can find out the
existing ones with "lvs" and remove them with "lvremove" (do that as root in
the Xen node).

Cheers,
Jaime

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Anoop L <anpl1980 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have successfully created a VM from Front-End to a Xen node However on
> creating the second VM I get an error:
>
> Wed Feb 16 18:45:24 2011 [TM][I]: tm_clone.sh: Creating LV lv-one--0
> Wed Feb 16 18:45:24 2011 [TM][I]: tm_clone.sh: ERROR: Command "/usr/bin/ssh
> node-1 /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/lvcreate -L20G -n lv-one--0 vg00" failed.
>
> My VM template:
> NAME   = centos55
> CPU    = 1
> MEMORY = 2048
> OS      =   [ bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub" ]
>
> DISK  = [  image = "centos5564_Base.img"]
>
> DISK   = [
>  type     = swap,
>  size     = 5120
>  #target   = sdb
> ]
>

> NIC = [ BRIDGE = "xenbr0", MAC = "00:16:3E:02:03:05" ]
> FEATURES=[ acpi="no" ]
>
> GRAPHICS = [
>  type    = "vnc",
>  listen  = "0.0.0.0",
>  port    = "5916" ]
>
> The same template is used for creating first VM and it all was working
> fine. Except the swap is not created as an LV.
>
> How can I change this template so as to create a new LV for swap
> partiotion. Please note that I have not created any LV manually. If I create
> a LV manually how can I specify this in the VM template.
>
> I am stuck on this for some time and posted this multiple times with no
> answer.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Anoop

Jaime Melis, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
Major Contributor
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org