[one-users] Econe EC2 Interface: User not authorized

Paolo Smiraglia paolo.smiraglia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 11:53:31 PST 2011

> $ econe-describe-instances -K mkeller -S mkeller
> econe-describe-instances: User not authorized

Have you try to use also -U options (url specification). Your command will be

   $> econe-describe-instances -K mkeller -S mkeller -U http://example.com:4567

> (2) What did we do wrong? How can we solve it?

Probably we have the same problem. I solved it by editing the file

   $ONE_LOCATION/lib/ruby/cloud/econe/EC2QueryClient.rb:144

In particular, I changed the digest algorithm from HmacSHA1 to HmacSHA256.

You can get many infos here:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opennebula.org/msg01451.html

Best

   PAOLO