[one-users] Incomplete information from hosts polling (VMWare ESXi 4.1 an OpenNebula 2.0.1)

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Feb 4 14:04:36 PST 2011

Hi,

You have to add also de CPU capacity for the VM (apart from the number of
virtual cpus CPUs). The CPU value is used at the allocation phase. However
you are specifying MEMORY and should be included in the allocated memeory
(USED MEMORY in onehost show) So I guess there should be other problem with
your template.

Cheers

Ruben

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Luigi Fortunati
<luigi.fortunati at gmail.com>wrote:

> I can post the VM template content on monday. However, as far as I
> remember, the vm template was really simple:
> NAME="Debian"
> VCPU= 2
> MEMORY=1024
> DISK=[IMAGE="Debian5-i386"]
> OS=[ARCH=i686]
>
> The VMs can boot and run, I can log on console through vSphere Client on
> the newly created VMs.
>
> I noticed that if you don't declare the number on VCPU the VM doesn't get
> scheduled on a cluster node. This option seems mandatory but I didn't find
> any mention about it on the documentation.
> Another thing that seems mandatory is declaring the cpu architecture as
> i686, otherwise OpenNebula will return error when writing the deployment.0
> file.
>

> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Ruben S. Montero <rubensm at dacya.ucm.es>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not sure this is related to the VMware monitoring... Can you send the
>> VM Templates?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ruben
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Luigi Fortunati <
>> luigi.fortunati at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I noticed a serious problem about the usage of VMWare ESXi 4.1 and
>>> OpenNebula 2.0.1.
>>> I'm actually using the VMWare driver addon which can be found on the
>>> opennebula website (ver. 1.0) and libvirt (ver. 0.8.7).
>>> It happens that OpenNebula can't get information about the usage of
>>> resources on the cluster nodes.
>>> By running 2 VM (each one requires 2 VCPU and 1 GB of memory) and
>>> executing some commands I get this output.
>>>
>>> oneadmin at custom2:~/src$ onehost list
>>>   ID NAME              CLUSTER  RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM    FMEM
>>> STAT
>>>    2 custom7.sns.it    default    0    200    200    200      2G      0K
>>>  off
>>>    1 custom6.sns.it    default    2    200    200    200      2G      0K
>>>   on
>>> oneadmin at custom2:~/src$ onehost show 1
>>> HOST 1 INFORMATION
>>>
>>> ID                    : 1
>>> NAME                  : custom6.sns.it
>>> CLUSTER               : default