[one-users] bottleneck in Opennebula adaption .

Zeeshan Ali Shah zashah at pdc.kth.se
Tue Feb 8 03:30:13 PST 2011

Hi , I have discussed it with several Opennebula people and have also
sent it earlier in mailing list .. here i am aggregating all of the
discussion and my thoughts.

The bottleneck for Opennebula adaption in wide area is its User's
registration/handling. such as

1. Currently there are no client-only package , you have to struggle
installing either ec2 layer or occi layer above opennebula.
2.  In Eucalyptus case it was very straight forward as User's only need
to download euca-tools and that's all .
3. Registration of users into opennebula , the generation of keys and
injection of these keys into User's vm is really a night mare..   for
example: for Keys injection you have to write manually in  Context
section  .. for user registration admin has to manually enter their
credential in oneadmin db.

I have no doubt about the extensibility and modularity of Opennebula but
the issues are it's customer oriented strategy.

--

Regards

Zeeshan Ali Shah
System Administrator
PDC-Center for High Performance Computing
KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
+46 8 790 9115