[one-users] Mixed mode UBUNTU+ RH KVM

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:08:24 PST 2011

Hello Nikolay,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Nikolay Gar <nikolay.gar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks .,
>
> Quick question ..
>
> If it possible to use as FrontEnd based on Ubuntu 11.04 and 2 Cluster
> Nodes on RH ES 6.0 as KVM nodes?

Thank a lot
> Nikolay

SSH is used to communicate with the nodes in order to either transfer the
VM image, if SSH Transfer Manager is being used of course, or to gather
status information about the load/health of the node.

If you are using NFS as storage backend the nodes must have a compatible
NFS client in order to mount the shares.

libvirt is setup on the nodes in order to start/stop/deploy VMs on top of
KVM.

SSH, NFS are protocols and libvirt is a standard library, so your mix
should work. I'm not trying to be condescending or something, just that I'm
approaching your question using the mentioned logic. The docs don't
specifically talk about mixing distributions.

Enjoy life,
w: http://databus.ro/blog
in: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/valentin-bud/9/881/830
t: https://twitter.com/valentinbud