[one-users] core_auth in sunstone

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Tue Dec 13 06:57:50 PST 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Daniel Molina wrote:

> Hi Farooq,
>
> On 12 December 2011 19:04, Faarooq Lowe <lowe at fnal.gov> wrote:
>> What is the core_auth setting for in sunstone-server.conf?  There isn't any
>> reference to it in the documentation.
>
> This parameter defines the method used by the server to interact with
> OpenNebula, the available methods are "cipher" and "x509". You can
> find more information about this in the following links:
>
> http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:external_auth
> http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:cloud_auth

It would be helpful to mention this variable in the sunstone docs.
Right now the sunstone configuration guide says nothing about it.

Also, should the regular :auth: field in the sunstone server
config be x509 or server_x509?  Docs indicate x509.

>> Also when we launch sunstone-server there is reference to a user.  Which
>> user is used for sunstone and where is that user set?
>
> There is a new system user, named 'serveradmin'. It is created by the
> core at bootstrap, or by the onedb upgrade command. This user is used
> by the Sunstone, OCCI and EC2 servers to interact with OpenNebula. For
> more information:
>
> http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:compatibility
> http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:manage_users
>
> Hope this helps.

We have the serveradmin user created as specified in the
documentation above, but what we need to know
is--is there any place we have to specify it in the sunstone config file?

\