[one-users] core_auth in sunstone

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Tue Dec 13 06:11:38 PST 2011

Hi Farooq,

On 12 December 2011 19:04, Faarooq Lowe <lowe at fnal.gov> wrote:
> What is the core_auth setting for in sunstone-server.conf?  There isn't any
> reference to it in the documentation.

This parameter defines the method used by the server to interact with
OpenNebula, the available methods are "cipher" and "x509". You can
find more information about this in the following links:

http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:external_auth
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:cloud_auth

> Also when we launch sunstone-server there is reference to a user.  Which
> user is used for sunstone and where is that user set?

There is a new system user, named 'serveradmin'. It is created by the
core at bootstrap, or by the onedb upgrade command. This user is used
by the Sunstone, OCCI and EC2 servers to interact with OpenNebula. For
more information:

http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:compatibility
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:manage_users

Hope this helps.