[one-users] Concurrent disk access

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Mon Dec 12 07:09:24 PST 2011

Hello Richard

On 12.12.2011 00:55, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Steven Timm<timm at fnal.gov>  wrote:
>>  What kind of transfer method are you using?  shared, ssh, lvm?
>>  You can load the .raw file into the image repository, make
>>  it persistent, and that will take care of it.
>
> I'm using shared.
>
> But if I use the image repository, it will *copy* my image at least once, right?
> My images are very big.>500GiB.

Yes, it will be copied, unless you use NFS or any other shared
storage for the images repository. Using a registered image is
the only chance for OpenNebula to know that a certain image is
being used by a VM. This will be updated in the images table in
the database. OpenNebula does not care about a more then once
used path to a disk in the VM template.

bye
Fabian