[one-users] Little help with first building cloud

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Wed Dec 7 02:34:13 PST 2011

Hello Matheus

On 07.12.2011 01:44, matheus tor4 wrote:
> Make the changes on files like oned.conf using my standart user will brings
> for me troubles in future, or not?

Configuration files in /etc/ usually are changed with the root
user, normal users should not be able to write or depending on
the content even be able to read it.

> What you recommend?
> - Put the rights on the oneadmin user, or
> - Use root user to make changes (painlessly)

What kind of changes?

On my system the /etc/one/oned.conf belongs to root (rw) with
only read permissions for the cloud group. The startup script
/etc/init.d/opennebula takes care to start the OpenNebula daemons
with the user oneadmin (eg. dropping privileges). But this is
something which could depend on the used Linux distribution if
you used a distribution provided package.

bye
Fabian